Monday 8 October 2007

A successful experiment in Search Engine Optimisation


As mentioned in my frivolous blog (ReasonedFrivolity.BlogSpot.Com) I was presented with a Search Engine optimnisation challenge. I did not expect to succeed, but thought I would manage something and had to try. I did extrememly little actual Search engine optimisation and used only a few of the standard SEO tricks. After about 20 minutes I had to get on to other things. When the google alert came through saying the search engine had picked me up whilst spidering I tried a search. I was quite surprised to see I had reached position 1 in the rankings. Clearly there is very little competition for the term my colleague chose (Whisper it, "Rufus Sexgod") but as the image shows there were a few hundred other pages out there. This is particularly surprising as the other pages were all related to celebrities and so were more prominently linked to than I could manage with my own resources with little work.

All in all I am quite pleased with this as a one off bit of page promotion.

Rufus Evison
ReasonedRants.BlogSpot.Com

No comments: